List of Uyghur intellectuals imprisoned in China from 2016 to the present (Last up-dated by Abduweli Ayup on November 13th, 2020)
Medical Researchers and Doctors
1. Halmurat Ghopur, (M) Former president of Xinjiang Medical University, head of XUAR Medical Oversight Bureau, physician, PhD
2. Abbas Eset, (M) Instructor at Xinjiang Medical University, physician, PhD
3. Nurmemet Emet (M) Dean of the Department of Uyghur Traditional Medicine, Xinjiang Medical University PhD
4. Enwer Tohti, (M) Instructor at the Department of Uyghur Traditional Medicine, Xinjiang Medical University
5. Alim Pettar, (M) Instructor at Xinjiang Medical University, physician, PhD
6. Perhat Behti, (M) Vice president of the Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University
7. Abduqeyum Tewekkul, (M) Physician, Kashgar Prefectural People’s Hospital
8. Enwer Abdukérim, (M0 Physician, Kashgar Prefectural People’s Hospital
9. Husen Hesen (M) physician, Kucha Hospital of Uyghur Medicine
10. Ebeydulla Hesen (M) physician, XUAR Uyghur Medicine Hospital
11. Tahir Hesen (M), physician, Kucha people’s hospital
12. NejibullaAblat (M) cardiologist, Kashgar No.2 people’s Hospital.
13. Dolqun Tursun (M), XUAR Department of Preventive Medical.
14. Ilham Imam (M), ENT specialist, Aaffiliated Hospital of Xinjiang medical University
15. Gulshen Abbas (F) Physician, XUAR Nurbagh Petroleum Hospital
16. Abdurehimjan Emet (M), physician XUAR Uyghur Medicine Hospital
17. Erkin Abdurehim (Oghuz), (M) Professor, Kashgar University, retired
18. Metréhim Haji, (M) Professor, Kashgar University
19. Enwer Isma’il, (M) Associate Professor, Languge Department Kashgar University
20. Enwer Qadir, (M ) Associate Professor, Language Department Kashgar University
21. Abdukerem Paltu (M), Department of History, Kashgar University
22. Erkin Ömer, (M) Professor, Kashgar University, school principal
23. Mukhter Abdughopur, (M) professor, Kashgar University
24. Qurban Osman, (M) professors, Kashgar University
25. Ablajan Abduwaqi, (M) Professor, Kashgar University; Dean of the Department of Mathematics
26. Rahile Dawut, (F) Professor, Xinjiang University; PhD
27. Arslan Abdulla, (M) Professor; Former dean of the Institute of Philology, Xinjiang University; Head of XUAR People’s Government Cultural Advisors’ Office
28. Abdukérim Rahman, (M) Professor, Xinjiang University
29. Gheyretjan Osman, (M) Professor, Xinjiang University
30. Tashpolat Téyip, (M) Professor, President of Xinjiang University
31. Alim Ehet, (M) professor, Xinjiang University; Founder of Uyghur Soft Ltd.
32. Dilmurat Tursun, (M) professor, Xinjiang University
33. Batur Eysa, (M) professor, Xinjiang University
34. Abdurehim Mahmut, (M) professor, Xinjiang University
35. Erkin Imirbaqi, (M) professor, Xinjiang University
36. NurbiyeYadikar, (F) professor, Xinjiang University
37. Nebijan Hebibulla, (M) professor, Xinjiang University
38. Asiye Muhemmedsalih, (F) professor, Xinjiang University
39. Abdusalam Ablimit, (M) professor, computer science, Xinjiang University
40. Abdubesir Shükuri, (M) Professor, Dean, Institute of Philology, Xinjiang Normal University
41. Abduqadir Jalalidin, (M) Professor, poet, Xinjiang Normal University;
42. Jemile Saqi, (F) Professor, Xinjiang Institute for Education, wife of AbduqadirJalalidin
43. Yunus Ebeydulla , (M) Professor, Xinjiang Normal University
44. Ababekri Abdureshit, (M) professor, PhD, Xinjiang Normal University
45. Nur’eli Shahyaqup, (M) professor, PhD, Xinjiang Normal University
46. Nurmuhemmet Ömer (Uchqun), (M) professor, PhD, Xinjiang Normal University
47. Kamil Metréhim, (M) Professor, Pedagogical Institute, Ürümchi Vocational University
48. Arzugül Tashpolat, (F) professor, Xinjiang Engineering Institute; Arrested together with husband EkremTursun
49. Zulpiqar Barat (Özbash), (M), professor, PhD, Xinjiang Universit
50. Nijat Ablimit, (M) professor, Kashgar University
51. Dilmurat Ghopur, (M) Vice Rector, Xinjiang University
52. Abduréhim Rahman, (M) Associate Professor, PhD; Xinjiang University; husband of Ruqiye Osman
53. Ruqiye Osman, (F) Administrator, Xinjiang University Library; wife of Abduréhim Rahman 54. Imam Muhemmet, (M), staff, Xinjiang University Computer center
55. Weli Barat, (M) Former president of Xinjiang University.
56. Mutellip Sidiq Qahiri (M) associate professor, Kashgar University.
57. Enwer Sidiq (M), Lecturer of physics, Xinjiang Normal University
58. Nijat Sopi, (M) Professor, PhD; Ili Teacher’s College; Dean of Literature Department.
59. Barat Tursunbaqi, (M) Former president, Hotan Teachers College [Dazhuan]
60. Ablet Abdurishit (Berqi), (M) Associate Professor, PhD; poet, Xinjiang Institute for Education
61. Khalmurat Eysajan, (M) professor, Ili Pedagogical Institute
62. Ömerjan Nuri, (M) professor, Hotan Teachers College [Dazhuan]
63. Azat Sultan, (M) Chairman of XUAR Literature and Arts Union; Chair, Xinjiang Writers Association; Professor; Literature expert
64. Gulazat Tursun (F) professor, Xinjiang University Law school, Human rights specialist. 65. Kerimjan Abdurehim (M), professor, poet, Kashgar Education Institute.
66. Adil Ghappar (M), professor, Xinjiang Normal University.
67. Juret Dolet (M), Director of Student Affair Office, Hotan Teacher’s College
High & middle School Teachers
68. Ablajan Memet, (M) Konisheher No.1 High school.
69. Ehmetjan Jume (M), Konisheher No.1 high school
70. Sajidigul Ayup (F) Konisheher No.1 high school.
71. Abla Memet (M) former headmaster of Kucha No.1 High School, reworded in 2017 in chemistry.
72. Niyaz Imin, (M) Former teacher, Kucha County No.1 Middle School
73. Ekrem Islam, (M) Vice Principal, Sanji City No.3 Middle School
74. Dilraba Kamil, (F) Instructor, Ürümchi No.92 Middle School
75. Tursunjan Hézim, (M) Instructor, Aqsu No.1 High School
76. Ablet Shemsi, (M) Instructor, Kucha County Ishkhala Village Middle School
77. Adil Tursun, (M) Vice Principal, senior teacher, Kashgar Shufu County No.1 Middle School; National-Level Expert
78. Shahip Abdusalam (Nurbeg), (M) Instructor, poet, Kelpin County No.1 Middle School
79. Zohre Niyaz (Sayramiye), (F) Instructor, Bay County Sayram Village Middle School; poet 80. TurdiTuniyaz, (M) Former Principal, Xinjiang Experimental High School
81. AlimYawa, (M) Former instructor, Peyzawat County Güllük Village Middle School; poet 82. Ilham Tahir, (M) Teacher (fired), Affiliated High school of Kashgar Normal University; son of Tahir Talip
Journalists, Editors and Publishers
83. Ablikim Hesen, (M) Head of Uyghur Department and senior editor, Xinjiang Youth Press; 84. Yalqun Rozi, (M) Editor, Xinjiang Education Press,
85. Qadir Arslan, (M) Editor, Xinjiang Education Press
86. Tuniyaz ilyas, (M) Editor, Xinjiang Education Press
87. Mahibeder Mekhmut, (F) Editor, Xinjiang Education Press
88. Ayshem Peyzulla, (F) Editor, Xinjiang Education Press
89. Tahir Nasir, (M) Former head, former assistant head editor, Xinjiang Education Press; XUAR People’s Government education inspector
90. Wahitjan Osman, (M) Editor, Xinjiang Education Press, poet
91. Erkin Muhemmet, (M) Editor, Xinjiang Education Press
92. Ekber Sirajidin, (M) Editor, Xinjiang Education Press
93. Yasin Zilal, (M) Head editor, “Tarim” Journal; poet, arrested in 2017
94. Abdurakhman Ebey, (M) Former chief, former senior editor, Xinjiang People’s Press
95. Ekhmetjan Mömin (Tarimi), (M) Senior editor, Xinjiang People’s Press , PhD
96. Qurban Mamut, (M) Former head editor, former senior editor, “Xinjiang Culture” Journal 97. IlhamWeli, (M) Chair, senior editor, “Xinjiang Gazette” Uyghur Editorial Department
98. Mirkamil Ablimit, (M) Vice Chair, senior editor, “Xinjiang Gazette” Uyghur Editorial Department
99. Memtimin Obul, (M) Editor, “Xinjiang Gazette” Uyghur Editorial Department
100. Jür’et Haji, (M) Editor, “Xinjiang Gazette” Uyghur Editorial Department
101. Erkin Tursun, (M) Editor, director, Ili Television Station
102. Abduréhim Abdulla, (M) Senior editor, Xinjiang Audiovisual Press; poet
103. Enwer Qutluq (Nezeri), (M) Editor, Xinjiang Television Station; poet
104. Qeyser Qéyum, (M) Editor in Chief, “Literary Translations” Journal Committed suicide. Jumped off eighth floor of his office building after a police summons rather than face probable detention in the camps.
105. Mirzahit Kérim, (M) Former editor (retired), Kashgar Uyghur Press; writer
106. Mehmutjan Khoja (Ümidwar), (M) Editor, “Xinjiang Youth” Journal; poet
107. Ablajan Siyit, (M) Vice head editor, senior editor, Kashgar Uyghur Press
108. Osman Zunun, (M) Former head editor, senior editor, Kashgar Uyghur Press, retired 109. Abliz Ömer, (M) Former head editor, senior editor, Kashgar Uyghur Press, retired
110. Osman Ehet (M) music editor, Qarluq electronic
111. Erkin Ibrahim (peyda) (M) publisher, CEO of ogen publishing company.
112. Chimen’gül Awut, (F) Senior editor, Kashgar Uyghur Publishers; poet
113. Tahir Talip, (M) senior editor, “Kashgar Daily,” poet, public figure
114. Khalide Isra’il, (F) Editor, “Xinjiang Gazette,” retired; writer
115. Méhrigül Tahir, (F) Instructor, Kashgar Preschool Teachers Training School; daughter of Tahir Talip
116. Abdurahman Abdurehim (M) Kashgar Uyghur press, editor
117. Memetjan Abliz Boriyar (M), Kashgar Uyghur Press, editor, writer
118. Memet Sidiq (M), Kashgar Uyghur Press
119. Anargul Hekim, (F), Kashgar Uyghur Press
120. Guzelnur Qasim (F), Kashgar Uyghur Press
121. Mahinur Hamut, (F) Kashgar Uyghur Press
122. Erkin Emet (M), Head of Kashgar Uyghur Press
123. Emrulla Enwer (M) Kashgar Uyghur Press
Poets, Writers and Scholars
124. Perhat Tursun, (M) Researcher, XUAR People’s Arts Center; PhD; writer, poet
125. Abbas Muniyaz, (M) Professional writer, XUAR Writers’ Association
126. Muhter Helil Bughra (M), Poet, XUAR TV Station
127. Idris Nurulla, (M) Independent translator, poet
128. Qasimjan Osman (Ghazi), (M) Civil servant, Peyzawat County Party Committee Propaganda Department; poet
129. YasinJanSadiq (choghlan) (M) writer, XUAR writers association
130. Osman Hoshur (M), Writer, participant of Uyghur textbook.
131. Memet Emet chopani, Writer, poet
132. Ibrahim Alptekin (M) former police officer, poet, writer, publisher, Artush
133. AbduqadirJüme, (M) Independent translator, poet
134. Nezire Muhemmedsalih, (F) Independent writer; wife of AdiljanTuniyaz; daughter of MuhemmedsalihHajim
135. Muhemmedsalih Hajim, (M) Researcher, Nationalities Research Institute, Xinjiang Social Science Academy, retired; translator of the Quran into Uyghur; religious scholar and translator; died at age 84 in a camp; father of Nezire Muhemmedsalih
136. Memet’éliAbdurehim, (M ) Former head of XUAR Language Committee, retired
137. Tahir Abduweli, (M) Researcher, XUAR Language Committee
138. Alimjan, (M) Researcher, XUAR Language Committee
139. Na’iljanTurghan, (M) Researcher, XUAR Language Committee
140. Küresh Tahir, (M) Researcher, Xinjiang Social Sciences Academy; son of Tahir Talip 141. Abdurazaq Sayim, (M) Vice Head of Xinjiang Social Sciences Academy; senior researcher
142. Gheyret Abdurahman, (M) Researcher, Xinjiang Social Sciences Academy; Vice Head, Language Institute, Xinjiang Social Sciences Academy
143. Abduqéyum Mijit, (M) Researcher, Ethnic Culture Research Institute, Xinjiang Social Sciences Academy
144. Sajide Tursun, (F ) Postdoctoral researcher at Max Planck Institute for the Study of Religious Diversity in Gottingen, Germany
145. Abbas Burhan, (M) Researcher, XUAR Education Department; Vice Principal, Ürümqi, Number 10 Elementary School
146. Ablimit, (M), Independent researcher of Uyghur classical literature; PhD
147. Gulbahar Eziz, Writer, Poet, Lawyer.
148. AdiljanTuniyaz, (M) Former staff, Xinjiang People’s Radio Station; poet; husband of Nezire Muhemmedsalih
149. Dilmurat Tursun (M) researcher, Urumchi Municipal education department,
150. Adil Rishit (M) researcher, XUAR Educational Press
151. Tursunjan Muhemmet Marshal, website editor, Writer
152. Tursunbeg Yasin (M), Blogger, writer
153. Tuniyaz Osman (M), writer, former Judge, Aksu seismology Deparmet.
154. Omerjan Hesen (Bozqir) writer, Translator, Blogger, Aksu Forestry Department
Actors, Directors, Hosts, Hostess, Singers
155. Mekhmutjan Sidiq, (M) Director, Xinjiang Television Station
156. Ekhmetjan Metrozi, (M) Technician, Xinjiang Television Station
157. Qeyum Muhemmet, (M) Associate Professor, Xinjiang Art Institute; actor; host ; husband of Aynur Tash
158. Aynur Tash, (F) Ürümchi People’s Radio Station, retired for health reasons; wife of QéyumMuhemmet
159. Erkin Tursun, (M) Editor, director, Ili Television Station
160. Es’et Éziz, (M) Chief, Ürümchi People’s Radio Station Uyghur Editorial Department 161. Abdushukur Wahit (M), film editor, Urumqi Sezgu Advertisement company.
162. Abdurehim Heyit (M) singer XUAR Theater
163. Zulpiqar Koresh (M) host of Uyghur TV program, XUAR TV station
164. Reshide Dawut (F) singer, XUAR theater
165. Adil Mijit (M) comedian, XUAR Theater
166. Senuber Tursun (F) singer, XUAR theater
167. Aytilla Ela (F), singer, XUAR Theater
168. Ablet Zeydin (M) XUAR TV station, editor
169. Peride Mamut (M), singer, actor, Karamay Theater
170. Zahirshah Ablimit (M), singer
171. Ablajan Awut Ayup (M), singer, “Uyghur Justin Baber”
172. Memetjan Abduqadir (M) singer, actor
173. Mahire Yusup (F) singer, Urumchi Song and Dance Troup
174. Adiljan Hamut (M) Cameraman, Xinjiang Izgil Film & TV compay
175. Qeyser Abdukerim (M), computer engineer, poet.
176. Metyasin Metqurban (M) Bilkan electronic company, CEO, computer engineer
177. Perhat Zahir (M) computer engineer
178. Abdurahman Memetabla (M) computer engineer, CEO, Rawanyol electronic company. 179. Nurshat (M) Graphic designer, Qarluq Electronic Company
180. Abletjan Ismail (M), Creator of Yaltapan software, IT engineer of XUAR Government website ts.cn,
181. Sirajidin Qarluq (M), Qarluq electronic, co, ltd,
182. Amannisa Qemirdin (F) accountant, Qarluq Electronic Company.
183. Reyhangul Mehmut (F) graphic designer, Qarluq electronic
184. Yusup Ehmet (M) graphic designer, Qarluq electronic
185. Emetjan, (M) Qutlan Electronic Company, computer engineer
186. Mukhtar Rozi, (M) Computer expert; programmer
187. Ekber Eset (M) Website designer, CEO, Bagdax electronic
188. Dilshat Perhat (Ataman), (M) Founder, “Diyarim” Website
Photographers and Painters
189. Nijat Memtimin, (M) Employee, Kashgar Prefectural Government Information Office; photographer
190. Mutellipjan Memtimin, (M) Owner, “Kashgar White Steed Photo Studio”; photographer 191. Ablikimjan (M), designer, Kashgar Preschool Teachers School
192. Ablimit Ablikim, (M) MA student, Shanghai Arts Institute
193. Arzugül Abdurehim, (F) Received MA in Japan
194. Abdurishit Imin (M) XUAR Department of Agriculture
195. Gülbahar Éziz, (F) Civil servant, XUAR Prison Administration Office; psychology Counselor; Lawyer
196. Ghalip Qurban, (M) vice chief, Urumchi municipal court, Judge.
197. Ekber Ebeydulla (M) Kashagr Cultural Heritage Protecting Departmen.
198. Ebeydulla Ibrahim (M) Writer, Editor in Chief, Xinjiang Youth,
199. Mihray Mijit (F), Principle of #20 Primary School, Editor of Uyghur Textbook.
200. Supplement: imprisoned intellectuals from other Turkic ethnic groups in Xinjiang
201. Qabilqan Sadiq, (M) Editor, Xinjiang Education Press; Kazakh
202. Esqer Junus, (M) Researcher, Xinjiang Social Sciences Academy; Kyrgyz
203. HörmetjanAbdurahman (Fikret), (M) Professor, Xinjiang University; Uzbek
204. MambetTurdi, (M) Professor, Xinjiang Normal University; literary critic; Kyrgyz
205. Abdurahman Eziz (M) Writer, Ermudun, Yengisheher, Kashgar, Kyrgiz
206. Dina Igemberdi (F) Painter, Urumqi Tianshan District, Tuanjielu, No 78. Kazakh
207. Nurbaqit Qadir (M), editor, Xinjiang Education Press. Kazakh
208. Maqadas Aqan (M), editor, Xinjiang Education Press. Kazakh
209. Turnan Qasim (M), CCP XUAR regional committee, propaganda branch
210. Jelil Abdurahman (M), Urumqi Education Department
211. Hamut Yasin (M), Xinjiang Education Press
212. Abduqeyum Tohtaji (M), Xinjiang Experiment High school
213. Aygul Imin (F), Teaching &Study office of Tianshan District, Urumqi Education Department.
214. Mahire Rozi (F), teacher, Urumqi 16# High School,
215. Abdusalam Turdi (M), professor, Department of Physics, Xinjiang Normal University 216. Enwer Sidiq (M), professor, Department of Physics, Xinjiang Normal University
217. Ghalip Nasir (M), Administration Office, Xinjiang Normal University
218. Rena Mamut (M), Library, Xinjiang Normal University
219. Umit (M) Affiliated High School of Xinjiang Normal Uniersity.
220. Rizwangul (F) Affiliated High School of Xinjiang Normal University.
221. Eysa Qadir (M), professor, Xinjiang Agriculture University
222. Ababekri Ablet (M), president of Hotan Teachers College
223. Memetrishat Zunun (M), Xinjiang Huan Tourism Co.ltd
224. Gheyret Eysa (M), Kashgar 10# High School, publisher
225. Dawut Obulqasim (M), Koknur biotechnology Co.ltd
226. Buhelchem Tursun (F), former official of Urumqi Import and Export Department
227. Telet Qadiri (M), Uyghur textbook for grade 8 editor, Xinjiang education Press.
228. Hamutjan Hekim (M), Uyghur textbook for Grade 8 editor, Xinjiang education Press 229. Shirmuhemmet Jarup (M) Uyghur textbook editor, Xinjiang Education Press
230. Perhat Kazim (M) Uyghur textbook editor, Uyghur textbook editor
231. Eysajan Turdi Achchiq (M), Uyghur textbook for Grade 8 editor
232. Muqeddes Mirza (F), Uyghur textbook for Grade 8 editor
233. Enwer Omer (M), Uyghur textbook for Grade 8 editor
234. Hebibulla Eli (M), Uyghur textbook for Grade 8 editor
235. Adiljan Ayit (M), Uyghur Textbook painter, XUAR Education Press.
236. Abdurehim Osman (M), Kashgar CCP local branch vice chairman of religious and ethnic affair
237. Shemsidin (M), physician, XUAR Number 2 Hospital
238. Zamanidin Pakzat (M), poet, instructor, Preschool teachers college
239. Gulchihre Chongelem Eziz (F), writer
240. Ablikim Kelkun (M) comedian, XUAR Theater
241. Hebibulla Tohti (M), professor, Xinjiang Islamic Institute, PhD.
242. Adil Hajim (M), professor, Xinjiang Islamic Institute
243. Yusupjan Zeynidin (M), former professor, Xinjiang Islamic Institute
244. Muhemmet Abdulla (M), former professor, Xinjiang Islamic institute
245. Abduqahar damolla (M), professor, Xinjiang Islamic Institute
246. Ilyas Qarihaji (M), professor, Xinjiang Islamic Institute, PhD
247. Shahabidin Hajim (M), professor, Xinjiang Islamic Institute
248. Abduqahar Damolla (M), professor, Xinjiang Islamic Institute
249. Abdusemi Damolla (M), instructor, Artuch Islamic School
250. Abliz Qarihaji (Arqan) (M), writer, religious scholar.
251. Abduhaliq Damolla (M), instructor, Aqsu Islamic School
252. Azat Eziz (M), professor, former principle, Kashagr University
253. Gulzar Gheni (F), Kashgar University
254. Abduqeyum Yasin (M), physician, Kashagar #1People’s hospital
255. Dilshat Alim (M), physician, XUAR Number2 people’s hospital.
256. Mirzat Osman (M), 32 years old. Bachelor of Xinjiang Agricultural University, studied in Italy, missing since 2017
257. Yasinjan Tohti (M), pharmacist, Kashgar Uyghur Medicine Hospital
258. Buwejer Memeteli, (M), teacher, Kashgar Number10 Primary School
259. Adil Eliyof, (M) retired accounted from People’s Bank Kashgar Branch,
260. Erkinjan Abdukerim (M), primary school teacher in Awat Township Kashagr, he died after released from reeducation camp on September 30th, 2018.
261. Nurmemet Tohti (M) 32 years old, Xinjiang ElQUWET co.ltd.
262. Kamalidin (M), professor, Xinjiang Financial & Economy University PhD.
263. Alishir Qurban (M), associated professor, Xinjiang institute of ecology and geography, Chinese science academy.
264. Huseyinjan Esqer (M), researcher, Language committee of XUAR.
265. Erkizat Barat (M), writer, website editor, activist, graduated Zhongnan Financial University, Poskam, Xinjing (aka East Turkestan)
266. Hesenjan Abdulla (M), Researcher,Ili institute of Agricultural study, Ili Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, detained April 2017
267. Hisamidin Eziz (M), Poet, Xinjiang Representative Office in Beijing, detained in June 2018
268. Abdulkahar Tursun (M), Arcelik Electronic engineer, graduated Middle East Technology University, detained 2017.
269. Turghun Asim (M), 45 years old, water engineer, Kashgar city water administration department, detained in concentration in 2018.
270. Memtili Wahap (M), 40 years old, Kashagr city Water Administration department
271. Nurmemet Niyaz (M) 30 years old, Kashagr city Water Administration department
272. Ekber Emet (M) 37 years old, Kashagr city Water Administration department
273. Abdughopur Tursun (M), 54 years old, Kashagr city Water Administration Department 274. Sabirjan Hamut (M) 48 years old, Kashagr city Water Administration Department
275. Memetjan Rozi (M), born in 1979, Graphic Designer & Film Editor, detained September 5th, 2017
276. Kamal Abliz (M), born in 1979, film maker and producer, he directed there is no way for these kids, detained June 9th 2017, Dolan Co.ltd.
277. Semi Kirem (M), Babahan Food & Logistic Company, detained in Midong detention Center since August 15th
278. Tahir Qasim (M), writer, poet, professor, Aqsu Educational Institute
279. Abdusalam Jalalidin (M), professor, PhD, born in 1962 Ghulja, Xinjiang University
280. Hemdulla Abdurahman (M) Linguist, born in Pichan 1957, Languages committee of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
281. Nizamidin Niyaz (M), PhD, Lecturer of Xinjiang Normal University, sentenced for 15 years for participating problematic textbook.
282. Tursunjan Behti (M), PhD, Linguist, born in 1985, lecturer of Xinjiang financial and Economy University.
283. Rahmanjan Awut Ozhal (M), Poet, Singer, Song writer, XUAR Theater.
284. Eysabeg Mamut (M), well-known folksinger, h sentenced 10 years, accused of illegal religious activity.
285. Waris Ababekri (M), one of the former leaders of the 1988 Uyghur students’ movement, writer, film producer, Xinjiang Dolan Co.ltd
286. Osman Kerem (M), born in 1961, former teacher of Urumchi number 23 middle school. 287. Kurban Aji, (M), 61 years old (born on March 1st, 1958 Artush). He has taught in high schools for 35 years, Artuch Number 4 high school
288. Abduhelil Ela (M), Surgeon, Tuberculosis Hospital of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, detained in January 2018.
289. Zohre Ela (F) Technician, Karamay Petroleum Company which cooperated with Hong Kong, detained in January 2018.
290. Juret Memet (M), teacher, vice president of regional educational department of Karamay.
291. Rishat (M), teacher, Number 4 primary school in Karamay
292. Adil Yaqup (M) poet, Vice Chief of Number three Detention Center, detained March 2018, he got released in 2019. depending on the recent information Adil was detained again in March 2020 .
293. Memtimin Hoshur (M), Writer, Former Head of XUAR Writers Association
294. Ehtem Omer (M) Writer, employee of state owned XUAR Film making company
295. Reyhangul (F) Uyghur Medicine Hospital of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in Urumchi city.
296. Juret Qurban (M), born in 1986, Xijiang Zamzambolaq International Trade Co.ltd, detained in October 2017.
297. Jumaji Juma (M) Teacher, Qulanchi Primary School, Azaq Township, Artuch, detained and sentenced to 7 years, because of sending a gift to Turkey.
298. Marat Isaqow (M), born in 1982 Urumchi, Teacher, Urumchi Number 14 High School, studied in Kazan, Tatarestan federal republic, Tatar
299. Sewirdin Imam (M) Host, Actor, arrested in January 2019, He is in Tie Chang Gou, Michuan
300. Semi Kirem (M), arrested in August 15th, 2018, Xinjiang BABAHAN Food Company. 301. Abduqeyum Imin (M), actor, editor, Xinjiang TV, (State owned Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous regional propaganda organization)
302. Hezereteli Memettyrsun (M) Singer, public figure
303. Bupatem (F) secretary of Hotan county level court
304. Abdurahman (M), Hotan county local branch of CCP commission for discipline inspection
305. Husenjan (M), Musician, music teacher Hotan city number 2 primary school
306. Arapat Erkin (M) student, Kocaeli University, kept missing since 2017 went back to China
307. Mirzat Osman (M), student, studied in Milan, Kept missing since October 2017 went back to China
308. Omerjan (M) architect, Uyghur style architectures designer, entrepreneur, public figure 309. Yasin Kerim (M), Calligrapher, awarded international several Calligraphy competitions, Yengi Eriq township, Hotan. https://instagram.com/uycalligrapher…. Niyaz Kerim Sherqi (M) Calligrapher, topographer, toponymist, professor of former Xinjiang University of Industry
311. Abdureshit Eli (M), Pen name (tundiki adem), poet, editor of Yengi Qashteshi (seasonal literature magazine).
312. Abdukerim Yaqup (M), Public figure, the people’s government of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous region Beijing Office
313. Ehet Sayit (M) Public Figure, County Mayor of Yarkent, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
314. Abdugheni Jume (M) Public Figure, County Mayor of Merkit, XUAR
315. Ghali Rahman (M) Public Figure, County Mayor of Peyzawat, XUAR
316. Memettrusun (M) Public Figure, Kashagr Prefectural Foreign affair Office .
317. Gholamjan Ghopur (M), English teacher, the founder of Tewpiq Language and Technology Training school.
318. Abdumijit Abduqadir (M), Instructor, Xinjiang Uyghur Medicine College, PhD candidate of Chinese Science Academy Xinjiang Branch.
319. Enwer Niyaz (M), Teacher, Principle of Toqsun County Number1 High School, Head of Toqsun County Education Department.
320. Shohret (M) Instructor, Xinjiang Normal University, TsingHua University PhD Candidate.
321. Qelbinur Hamut (F), Teacher, Number 19 Primary School, one of the editors of Uyghur textbook, retired in 2015, arrested in 2017.
322. Abdurehim Ablethan (M) writer, film maker, Jigde Qduq Village, Qomul
323. Turkizat Gheyret (M) Student Activist, Xinjiang Finance and Economy University
324. Musajan Imir (M) Entrepreneur, Xinjiang Qaraqum International Trade Company
325. Gheni Semet (M) Poet, self-employment, Uyghur bookstore owner.
326. Gulnisa Imin (F) Poet, local social activist. Well-known female poet, her poetry translated into Japanese and selected in Uyghur poetry selection published in Japan.
327. Abliz Arqan (M) Blogger and Islamic Scholar. Small business owner in Korla city.
328. Abduqeyum Tohtaji (M) one of the editors of banned Uyghur Textbook.
329. Abduweli Muqiyit (M) Uyghur cultural activist. 1945 born in Ghulja. 2019 sentenced 17 years. Now serving jail in Helongjian Province
330. Muhter Mamut Muhemmidi (M) independent scholar, publisher, Uyghur Bookstore owner in Qarghiliq County Kashgar.
331. Ablet Ababekri (M) Professor, President of Hotan Teachers College
332. Muhter Emet (M) Poet, vice chief Konisheher County CCP local branch, detained 2017 September.
333. Abduhelil Tohti (M) athlete, wrestling Master, teacher, Konisheher No1 High School, detained in April 2017.
334. Ehmet Turghun (M) teacher, arrested in September 2017, one of the Uyghur textbook related teachers. Urumchi number 22 primary school.
335. Reyhangul Hashim (F) teacher arrested in September 2017, one of the detainees related to Uyghur text book issue, Urumchi Qarlayelisi primary school.
336. Ekber Awut (M) teacher, athlete, arrested in September 2018, died in the detention center in Urumchi October 2019, Urumchi number 22 primary school.
337. Melike Dawut (F) teacher, researcher, detained in April 2017, one of the detainees related to Uyghur textbook issue, Urumchi educational department, research office.
338. Bahargul Hebibul (F) IT engineer, arrested in June 2017, sentenced 5 years in prison in November 2019, Urumchi branch of Chinese Railway Communication Company
339. Mihray Hebibul (F) Policewoman in Turpan city, arrested, arrested 2018, sentenced 3 years in November 6, 2019.
340. Alim Hebibul (M) prison Guard in Turpan city, arrested in 2018, sentenced 3 years in November 2019
341. Yasin Imin (M) IT engineer, professor in Xinjiang university, department of information technology, researcher in bureau of information technology of Xinjiang Ethnic languages work commetee, selected as distinguished youth by Uyghur autonomous regional party branch and government in 2015. He was arrested in 2018.
342. Alim Hasani (M) Linguist, Interpreter, researcher in bureau of information technology of Xinjiang Ethnic languages work committee, arrested August 2018
343. Mehmut Eli Atilla (M) researcher, teacher arrested in 2017, Awat number 3 High School Aqsu Perfecture, reason of imprisonment related to the Uyghur text book issue.
344.Dilnur Mesum (F) Principal of Hotan Langru secondary school ,teaching Chinese ,arrested in 2018 ,sentenced 15years ,reason of imprisonment related to a WeChat massage which was sent in 2013 about halal food .
345.Nasirhaji (M)The senior staff of the Business Department of Agricultural Bank Shufu County Subbranch ;arrested on may in 2017, reason of imprisonment related with helping poor and needy families by donation collected from Meshrep .
346.Tahir Mesum (M) Deputy Director of Hotan Education Bureau in Hotan Xinjiang ,arrested in 2018 ,sentenced 10years ,accused racial discrimination crime ,reason of imprisonment related to a WeChat massage which he received in 2013 about Halal food .
347.Abliz Oruhun (M) Former editor in chief of Xinjiang Difang Zhi (Xinjiang regional historgraphy ), editor of Minzu publishing House, Xinjiang China
Arrested in February 2018 .
348.Obulqasim Abdurehim (M) IT technician at Kashgar – China Telecom since 1995, arrested on may in 2017, reason of imprisonment related with helping poor and needy families by donation collected from Meshrep.
349.Abliz Tohtihaji (M) the Director of Kashgar Prefectural Transport Administration bureau since 2012. arrested on may in 2017, reason of imprisonment related with helping poor and needy families by donation which donated in Meshrep gathering.
350.Ishak (M) The Principal of Changji state No 3 secondary school , Xinjiang arrested in 2018
351.Reyhangul (F) Teacher of Changji state No 3 secondary school , Xinjiang .teaching literature she also was arrested .
352.Juret Memtimin (M) a Uyghur retired government officials of the peoples republic of China, former professor of Minzu university, and former governor of Hotan prefecture. There was no news from his after being called for interrogation in early December 2019.
353.Ilham Rozi (M) Poet, Deputy Head of Publicity Department of Aksu Prefecture Committee，He was arrested on April in 2019 without any reason .
354.Behtiyar Ilham (M) Uyghur computer engineer and manager of Qarluk IT company .He was arrested on November in 2019 without any reason .
355.Ablajan Memet (M) Teacher,historian, Peyzawat No.1 High School,Kashgar, arrested in 2016. Graduated History Departmetn, Xinjiang University
356.Kamil Hesen (M) Teacher, Peot, Qizilboyi High School of Peyzawat County, Kashagar.He arrested in 2015, because of his poetry he published 2003 in Kashgar.
357.Memetsalim Sabir (M)Teacher, Poet, Peyzawat No.1 High School,Kashagr.He arrested in 2015, because of his poetry he published in 2003 in Kashgar,
358.Alim Yawa (M) Poet, Teacher,Gulluk High School of Peyzawat County Kashagr.He arrested in 2015, because of his poetry published in 2003 in Kashgar.
359.Gulnisa Imin (F) Poet,Teacher, Chira No.1 High School. She was Arrested in 2017, because of her potry published in Japan.
360.Muhemmet Emet Chopani (M),Writer, Poet,Teacher, Chopan High School of Karghaliq County Kashgar. He arrested in 2017, because of his poetry book Jennet Yoli, published in Turkey 2013.
361.Osmanjan Ehet (M),Musician, Qarluq high tech Company, Urumchi.He was born 1981 in Shahyar County. He got arrested in October 2017.
Note1: 1. This list is composed of Uyghur intellectuals whose imprisonment has been confirmed by the Uyghur Diasporas. The imprisonment of some individuals on the list has been investigated by Radio Free Asia; the imprisonment of the other intellectuals listed here has been confirmed by other reliable sources in China and some relatives of detainees in Diasporas.
2. While considerable care has been taking in compiling and checking the list, obstacles have nonetheless been considerable, given the information blockade imposed on Xinjiang (Eastern Turkistan) by the Chinese government. As a result, there may be errors in the list. We ask readers’ help in correcting any such issues, compiling further information on the individuals listed here in, and adding other detained intellectuals to the list.
3. It is clear that the number of detained intellectuals greatly exceeds the number listed here. This list—and other lists of detained individuals will be continually revised and expanded.
4. In January 9th, the order are reorganized, after this time the order will be the same, if I add some individuals they should under the “Other intellectuals”
5. 21 Gulnar Obul released. 236. Jewlan Jelil is confirmed not in detention now; Adiljan Ayit was arrested because of Uyghur textbook issue. .
Note2: 176. Nurshat Mijit released January 18, but is unknown where he is. 283.Rahmanjan awut Ozhal, 284.Eyasabeg Mamut released
Note 3. Ablajan Abduwaqi and Sajide Tursun are released recently.
Note4: case 292, Adil Yaqup, peot and head of the detention cent was released in the first week of April, he re-arrested in march 2020.
Note5: Adil Eliyof released in March 2019.
Note6: Abbas Eset, Arzugul Tashpolat were released recently
Note 7: Muhter Bughra, Eysabeg Mamut were released recently
Note8: Qurban Aji,No.289 was released in June 2019
Note9: Azat Sultan released in May 2019.
Note10: Abdukerim Rahman released May 2019 ,he was died in 2020.
Notes11: Ablikim Hesem Release in December 2019
Notes12: Reshide Dawut sentenced in 2020
Note13: Elshir Qurban released November 2019
Note14: Senewer Tursun released October 2019
Note 15: Arzigul Tashpolat released in September 2019
Note16: Case 112, Chimengul Awut was released in 2020
Note 17: Case 36, Nurbiye Yadikar released.
(Last up-dated by Abduweli Ayup on November 13th, 2020), if you need more information, resume, testimonies, please feel free to contact Abduweli Ayup, [email protected]